The Thomas Ford Memorial Library is pleased to announce that we will begin offering limited material pick-up services on Monday, May 18th. Please read this announcement carefully as it contains important information about this limited service.
Hours: Monday through Saturday, 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
Pick-up services only.
You may request items by placing a hold online or by speaking directly with a librarian. Interlibrary loan is not currently available. Only the Thomas Ford collection will be available for holds and pickups. Pick-up service is limited to TFML card holders only. As a result, we encourage you to return your materials promptly so that others may enjoy them.
To place a hold online:
- Go to fordlibrary.org.
- Use the “Search the Catalog” function.
- You may only place holds on items available at Thomas Ford.
- If the item is “on shelf”, we will fill the hold within 24 hours and contact you for pick up.
- If the item is checked out, we will fill the hold when the item is available and contact you for pick up.
To speak with a library staff person:
- Call us at 708-246-0520.
- You may speak to a librarian in Adult and Teen Services or Youth Services.
- You may request a specific title or ask the librarian to assist you making a selection.
- You will be limited to a total of five items per transaction.
- Your materials will be immediately checked out and made available for pick up.
You may also email us at:
Adult and Teen Services at email@example.com
Youth Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to pick up your materials:
After you have been alerted that your materials are ready for pick up, you may visit the library pick-up window located at the front door on Chestnut Street. There will be a staff member inside the building to assist you. This is a contactless pick up and you will not enter the building. If you prefer to remain in your vehicle, you may pull into one of the two parking spots directly in front of the doors. Call 708-246-0520 to let us know that you are here.
- All check out periods are three weeks only. Automatic renewals are temporarily unavailable.
- All of our materials are temporarily “fine-free.” You will not accrue fines for overdue materials.
For the safety of our staff, the library is operating with a significantly reduced number of staff in the building. All staff are appropriately social distanced and wearing quality personal protective equipment. All efforts will be made to minimize contact with materials. Because of these restrictions, you may experience long hold and wait times. We will do our best to take your calls and place holds as quickly as we can, but it is likely that you may be asked to wait longer than you are accustomed to. Please be patient with our staff as we adapt to this new situation.
Thank you for holding your materials at home for the last two months. You may now return them to the library in the outside book drop only. Your materials will be placed in quarantine for at least 72 hours before they will be checked in. Materials may only be returned in the exterior book drop until further notice.
Due to the cancellation of the Fall Book Sale, the library will not be accepting donations for the remainder of the year.