The Thomas Ford Library enriches people’s lives by providing opportunities to access a vast array of ideas and information, and up-to-date technology, with welcoming, state-of-the art service in a comfortable setting for work, study, meetings, events, and community activities.
The Board, Staff, and volunteers of the Thomas Ford Memorial Library are committed to the following values:
- We value those who use the Library, providing gracious, respectful, and accurate service to all
- We value the Library as a community facility that fosters the open communication of ideas and information
- We value the community by actively participating in it and endeavoring to enhance the quality of life in Western Springs
- We value the collection of and access to information in all formats: print, electronic, audio, and video
- We value technology as a means of providing and delivering needed information to our users
- We value the privacy of our users by keeping their transactions confidential to the fullest extent of the law
Where people and ideas connect.
Library policies are determined by the Board of Trustees in its monthly meetings. A book of current policies is kept at the Circulation, Reference, and Youth Services desks for public viewing.
Here are links to PDF documents of our library policies.
Library Emergencies Policy [PDF]
Timber Trails Fund Policy [PDF]
In compliance with the Open Meetings Act, the Library does maintain a list of all employees whose total compensation package is greater than $75,000 per year. This list is available for inspection in the Administrative Offices of the Library, Monday through Friday, 9:30 am to 5:00 pm.