Library positions which are open and for which applicants are sought are advertised in local newspapers, the Reaching Across Illinois Library System website, and other regional library publications. Those people whose skills and credentials most closely match what we are seeking will be contacted for interviews. Employees are selected solely on the basis of merit and in compliance with all local, state, and federal laws prohibiting discrimination. The Thomas Ford Memorial Library is an equal opportunity employer. Appointments are made by the Library Director and are subject to approval by the Library Board.
More about working at Thomas Ford may be learned from its Personnel Policy [PDF].
Applicants seeking nonprofessional positions at the Thomas Ford Memorial Library should complete the Application for Employment. When completed, please submit the form at the Circulation Desk.
Youth Services Page (Part Time)
Hours: This is a part-time position (average 8 hours per week) with flexibility in scheduling.
Two positions available.
Salary: $10.00 per hour
Duties and responsibilities:
- Shelves library materials in correct locations and maintains shelving areas so patrons and staff can locate materials.
- Straightens shelves and cleans, as needed.
- Answers directional questions from patrons.
- Searches for materials on shelves as directed.
- Cooperates as a team member with the library staff in performing any duties essential to the achievement of effective library operations.
- Must be able to reach, remove, and replace materials on the top shelf of circulating collection of book stacks (66 inches high) and on all shelves below this height.
- Must be able to push a fully loaded cart weighing up to 200 pounds.
- Frequent bending, lifting, reaching (including overhead reaching.
- Frequent periods of standing.
- Occasional repetitive motion.
- Ability to express self well in English, both orally and in writing, required.
Application Deadline: July 24, 2020
Application Note: You may either send a resume/letter of interest to the library or stop by to pick up an application.
Application Contact: Uma Nori, Head of Youth Services
Thomas Ford Memorial Library
800 Chestnut Street
Western Springs, IL 60558
Phone: No phone calls, please.