Library positions which are open and for which applicants are sought are advertised in local newspapers, the Reaching Across Illinois Library System website, and other regional library publications. Those people whose skills and credentials most closely match what we are seeking will be contacted for interviews. Employees are selected solely on the basis of merit and in compliance with all local, state, and federal laws prohibiting discrimination. The Thomas Ford Memorial Library is an equal opportunity employer. Appointments are made by the Library Director and are subject to approval by the Library Board.
More about working at Thomas Ford may be learned from its Personnel Policy [PDF].
Applicants seeking nonprofessional positions at the Thomas Ford Memorial Library should complete the Application for Employment. When completed, please submit the form at the Circulation Desk.
The PR/Marketing Coordinator is a part-time non-exempt position responsible for providing marketing and public relations support to all departments in order to achieve the circulation, programming, and patron satisfaction goals of the library.
Full Time or Part Time: Part Time
Hours: 15-18 hours per week
Salary: $20.00 per hour.
This position qualifies for part time vacation and sick leave.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- With input from staff, creating all print materials, including the design and production of four annual Library newsletters.
- Maintaining the Library’s social media accounts.
- Strategizing with webmaster to ensure that the website contains effective content and images promoting Library programs and services.
- Ensure consistent inter-departmental communications about programming and events.
- Working with staff to develop a metrics driven marketing plan that supports current Library goals and initiatives.
Necessary Skills and Abilities:
- Graphic design skills.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to collaborate positively in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and clear oral expression.
- Superior writing and editing skills.
- Ability to take a big-picture view while maintaining attention to detail.
- Principles and practices of successful social media campaigns.
- Deadline driven.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in marketing and/or public relations.
- B.A. in graphic design (or equivalent experience).