Due to rapidly rising infection rates and in compliance with the Cook County Stay-at-home advisory, the Thomas Ford Memorial Library will begin offering limited curbside service on Wednesday, November 18th. Please read this announcement carefully as it contains important information about this limited service.
- Hours: Monday through Saturday, 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Curbside services only.
- You must call the library upon arrival to retrieve your items.
- You may request items by placing a hold online or by speaking directly with a librarian.
- All digital services remain available at this time. For more information on using the Library from home, click here.
- Library WiFi is accessible from the parking spots along Chestnut. Look for “Thomas Ford Library WiFi” on your device, there is no password needed.
To place a hold online:
- Go to fordlibrary.org.
- Use the “Search the Catalog” function.
- If the item is “on shelf”, we will fill the hold within 24 hours and contact you for pick up.
- If the item is checked out, we will fill the hold when the item is available and contact you for pick up.
To speak with a library staff person:
- Call us at 708-246-0520.
- You may speak to a librarian in Adult & Teen Services or Youth Services.
- You may request a specific title or ask the librarian to assist you making a selection.
- You will be limited to a total of five items per transaction.
- Your materials will be immediately checked out and made available for pick up.
You may also email us with questions or requests:
- Adult & Teen Services: email@example.com
- Youth Services: YouthServices@fordlibrary.org
Masks are always required when picking up materials, whether by car or on foot.
- After you have been alerted that your materials are ready for pick up, you may visit the library to retrieve them.
- Please park in one of the available parking spots on Chestnut Street.
- Call 708-246-0520 to let us know that you are here.
- We will bring your materials out to your vehicle.
If you don’t have a cell phone:
- Please call before leaving the house and let us know when to expect you
- If you are visiting the library on foot, please ring the doorbell
- You may return all items in the outside book drop.
- They will be placed in quarantine for at least 72 hours before being checked in.
- Materials may only be returned in the exterior book drop until further notice.
For the safety of our staff, the library is operating with a significantly reduced number of staff in the building. All staff are appropriately social distanced and wearing quality personal protective equipment. All efforts will be made to minimize contact with materials. Because of these restrictions, you may experience long hold and wait times. We will do our best to take your calls and place holds as quickly as we can, but it is likely that you may be asked to wait longer than you are accustomed to. Please be patient with our staff as we adapt to this new situation.
Due to the cancellation of the Fall Book Sale, the library will not be accepting donations for the remainder of the year.