Answer a few questions to get a personalized list of
suggestions from our librarians!
Fiction Best Sellers
Nonfiction Best Sellers
New at Thomas Ford
BookLetters: Book News Delivered to You
Keeping up with new books and movies is hard. Like some help? Sign up for BookLetters, a service from Thomas Ford that alerts you by email to new titles coming into the Library.
Reader’s Advisory Databases
Need to find read-a-likes or criticism for your book discussions? Have your Thomas Ford library card ready to use these advice-giving resources.
Follow these links to find up to date lists of bestsellers.
Online Book Reviews
Online Readers’ Advisory Resources
General Fiction & Non-Fiction
- Fantastic Fiction: Great for sorting out series order, usually features multiple cover images for a single book, author pages have a “recommends” section where you can see what blurbs an author has written for other authors.
- Kirkus Reviews: Reviews books across all genres, including many independent or self published titles that are otherwise ignored.
- Mostly Fiction: Tons of reviews (including some non-fiction), you can even limit your search to reviews that feature reader’s guides.
- Good Reads: A seemingly endless source of reader reviews, just don’t forget to take them with a grain of salt.
- What’s Next: Books in Series Helpful when you want to read series books in order
- Modern Library’s 100 Best Novels
- Modern Library’s 100 Best Non-Fiction Titles
Mystery & Thriller
- The Hidden Staircase: Reviews and upcoming releases.
- StopYou’re Killing Me: Indexes mysteries by subgenre, setting, timeframe, and even the occupation of the protagonist, also has an extensive list of mystery awards.
Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Locus Magazine: Reviews, bestseller lists, new releases, author interviews, & industry news.
- Worlds Without End: Reading lists, rankings, reviews,news and more.
- SFSignal: One of the best (among many) SF blogs, frequently updated reviews and news.
- Internet Speculative Fiction Database: Extremely detailed database of speculative fiction authors and their works, great resource if you are looking for older titles.
- Romantic Times: News, new releases, & reviews that feature a sensuality scale (Mild, Hot, or Scorcher) so that you know what you’re getting yourself into, plus plenty of reviews of non-romance titles from a unique perspective.
- All About Romance: Reading lists, reviews with a sensuality scale, readers forums.
- Romance Reviews Today: Tons of romance reviews.
- Historical Novel Society: Tons of reviews and even some helpful guides to specific subgenres or historical settings.
- Historical Novels: Blog with reviews, news and booklists.
- Comics Journal: Reviews, interviews, news, and upcoming releases.
- Graphic Novel Reporter: Best-of lists, reviews, and new and upcoming releases.
- Grovel: Reviews, previews, indexes by writer or artist, features a graphic novel genre list and more.
- Comics Beat: The news blog of comics culture. Includes reviews and sales information.
- Comic Book Database: Search or browse by title, creator, character, and more. A good resource for series information.
Reading Group Resources
General Reader’s Guides
- NoveList: Reader’s Guides are under the “More” heading at the top of the page.
- Book Browse
- Reading Group Guides
Publisher’s Guides & Selections
- Anchor, Vintage, & Knopf
- Bantam & Doubleday
- Harper Collins
- Houghton Mifflin
- Random House
- Simon & Schuster