The Thomas Ford Board of Trustees meetings, usually held at 7 p.m. on the fourth Tuesday of the month, are open to the public. Check our Calendar of Events for the next meeting.
The Board of Trustees is composed of seven members who are elected to four-year terms. To serve, candidates must live in the village of Western Springs and be of voting age.
Responsibilities of the Board of Trustees include:
- selecting and hiring a qualified Library Director
- ensuring that the Library has funds and a budget
- developing (with the Library Director) written policies, long and short range plans, and wage classifications
- knowing local, state, and federal laws that pertain to libraries
- attending monthly board meetings and other events
To inquire about becoming a member of the Board of Trustees, contact Anne Kozak at 708-246-0520 or by email at email@example.com.
Current Members of the Board
- Amanda Smith, President firstname.lastname@example.org
- George Letten, Treasurer email@example.com
- Laurel Schumm, Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org
- John Ericson, email@example.com
- Mary Greska, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Robert Milano, email@example.com
- Gary Wenstrup, firstname.lastname@example.org
For photos and profiles of the Board members, please visit the “Meet Your Trustees” album on our Flickr site: https://www.flickr.com/photos/thomasfordmemoriallibrary/sets/72157651134392823
2015 Board Calendar
2016 Board Calendar
Note: November and December meetings are combined
Recent Board Minutes